Table of Contents
CURRENT AFFAIRS FROM PIB(PRESS INFORMATION BUREAU), MARCH 25TH & 26th 2019
Current Affairs PIB
Young Scientist Programme (Yuvika)
- India’s space research organisation ISRO has launched a special programme for School Children.
- The Program is called as “Young Scientist Programme” “YUva VIgyani KAryakram” (युिवका) from current year 2019.
- The program is aimed at training young minds & imparting basic knowledge on Space Technology.
- To catch young minds ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) has started this program.
- Eligibility for this program is those candidates who finished 9th standard (in the academic year 2018-19) and waiting to join 10th standard (or those who have started 10th Std just now) will be eligible for the programme.
- Selection will be based on the 8th Std marks.
Chinook Helicopters in Indian Air Force
- Indian Air Force on Monday 25th March 2019 formally inducted CH 47 F(I)- Chinook heavy lift Helicopters.
- Chinook Helicopters were provided by Boeing Ltd (an American multinational corporation) with whom Indian Air Force(IAF) has signed a contract for 15 such Chinook helicopters.
- The helicopter is capable of airlifting diverse military and non military loads into remote locations.
- The Chinook helicopters are designed to airlift heavy payloads at high altitudes which will be suitable for areas like high Himalayas.
- Addition of Chinook helicopters is a significant step towards modernisation of Indian Air Force’s helicopter fleet.
- It’s a battle tested trusted helicopter worldwide.
Current Affairs PIB
Exercise Al Nagah – III 2019
Pic credit: PIB
- Indian Army and Royal Oman Army has successfully completed the third edition of joint military training exercise, Exercise AL NAGAH 2019.
- This joint training exercise between the two countries is concluded at Jabel AI Akhdar training camp, Oman.
- Exercise Al Nagah was a two-week long exercise had commenced on 12 March 2019 in which 60 Indian Army Soldiers took part.
NITI Aayog organised FinTech Conclave 2019
- A day-long FinTech Conclave at Dr. Ambedkar International Center, New Delhi has been organised by NITI Aayog.
- Its main objective is for comprehensive financial inclusion.
- Fin Tech Conclave was inaugurated by RBI Governor,Shaktikanta Das.
- Its worth noted that The Indian FinTech ecosystem is the third largest in the globe.
- CEO of NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog is Amitabh Kant with its headquarter in New Delhi, India.
- NITI Aayog was Formed on 1st January 2015